Personal information is any information that can be used to identify or contact a single person. We collect personal information to be able to deliver our Services and to make sure we deliver the best level of customer service and the best listening experience.
We respect privacy and your rights to control your personal information (‘Personal Information’).
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with how IXION may collect, use and share your personal information, for what purposes we process Personal Information and how we safeguard your Personal Information.
- Who We Are
The IXION brand is owned by T-Radio AS. We produce intuitive, user-friendly systems with natural, clear audio reproduction through advanced technology and innovative features. Our aim is to ensure that you can listen to what you what, when you want, without any problem.
Organization No. 991 008 462
Tel: +47 48 311 100
Address: Wirgenesvei 8B, 3157 Barkaker, Norway.
- How We Collect Personal Information
We use different methods to collect Personal Information from and about you such as:
- Direct contact with you during the course of business. You may give us your contact details, payment details by placing an order online, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- Create an account on our website
- Purchase IXION Products
- Provide us with your contact details for us to assist you with using our products
- Request marketing information to be sent to you
- Respond to our surveys
- Provide us with some feedback on our products or services
- Using third parties or publicly available sources, where we may receive Personal Information about you from:
- Music service partners like Spotify or Tidal
- Partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint-marketing activities
- Social media platforms, for instance, when you interact with us on those platforms
- Analytics providers such as Google
- Survey and Marketing companies we engange
- Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services
- Identity and contact data from publicly availably sources
- What kind of Personal Information we collect
The Personal Information we collect and process includes:
- Basic information,such as your first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth and gender.
- Contact information, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial information, such as payment related information.
- Transaction informationincludes details about payments to and from you and other details of which IXION Products and Services you have purchased from us. We only use payment information in connection with the purchase of IXION Products, and do not store such information.
- Technical information, such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website and our other web-based products.
- Profile information, such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use our website, products and services. Our technologies automatically collect and log certain information to help us administer, protect, and improve our services, analyze usage and improve user experience.
- Marketing and Communications information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Other informationrelating to you which you may provide to us or is provided by third parties. We may collect personal information from third parties such as our partners and associates, and publicly available websites, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance our services and products.
- How we use Personal Information
IXION uses the data we collect to provide you with the IXION Products and Services we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalize content and your user experiences. We also use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, new IXION Products or services available, security and other types of updates.
IXION uses the data for the following purposes:
- Account Set Up and Administration
- Providing the IXION Products and Services
- Personalizing our Product Experience
- Customer Support
- Product Improvement
- Security, Safety, and Dispute Resolution
- Internal research and development purposes
- Business Operations
- Communication, Marketing and Advertising
- Legal obligations
We collect Personal Information only for objectives supported by the applicable data protection regulation. The legal grounds may be to fulfil an agreement with you, or to process the information based on your explicit consent. For other purposes IXION may process the Personal Information based on its legitimate interests. IXION does not process Personal Information for reasons that are incompatible with the original purpose.
4.1 Account Set Up and Administration
When you create an IXION ID, you will provide us with basic Personal Information, such as your name, phone number (optional), email address and delivery/shipping address, as well as creating a username and password. We use the Personal Information to verify your identity, make available to you information about your purchases and payments, and to make it easier for you to control and administrate your purchases and use of our Services. Processing your Personal Information for this purpose is necessary for the performance of the agreement we have with you.
4.2 Providing IXION Products
We use Personal Information to provide and deliver the IXION Products to our customers. We use this information to complete your transaction, carry out any follow up with you about your purchase, help with any delivery issues, handle returns, and other issues related to the purchase of IXION Products. Processing your Personal Information for this purpose is necessary for the performance of the agreement we have with you.
4.3 Customer Support
We use Personal Information to respond to your enquiries, diagnose product problems, repair your IXION Products and provide other customer care and support services.
When you are contacting our support group for assistance with your IXION Products, we may collect contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, social media identifiers (if you contact us using a social media channel), and the content of your chats and other communications with IXION Support (including voice recording if you call Support). In certain situations, it is useful for the Support team to have a remote access to your IXION system. You will need to give us permission to access your system by pressing the remote assistance button. We collect this information to give you the best and most efficient customer support possible.
This processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement we have with you, as well as to serve our legitimate interest
3.3 Product Improvement
We collect user data to help ensure that your IXION Products are working properly, to provide you with customer support, to honor your audio preferences, and to guide product improvement and customer support decisions. We also collect this information to guide product improvement and customer support decisions which is our legitimate interest. The user data contains various system and product information, ant it may contain Personal Information, such as
- names of the music service(s) you added/enabled on your IXION product, the names you have given your IXION Product in different rooms, and error information.
- how often you use music services you have connected to your IXION system, information about how often you use the IXION app versus other control mechanisms, flow of interactions within the IXION app, how often you use the physical controls on the unit and duration of IXION Product use.
- duration of music service use, command information (such as play, pause, change volume or skip tracks), information about playlist or station container data and IXION playlist or IXION favorites information, each correlated to individual IXION Products.
3.4 Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution
We use Personal Information to protect the security and safety of our IXION Products and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
3.5 Business Operations
We use Personal Information to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
3.6 Communication, Marketing and Advertising
We may use Personal Information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail and online (including through the IXION app). We will for example inform you about new IXION Products or Services, new music services available in your area, security or software updates, update you on a support issue, invite you to take part in a survey. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
Any direct marketing activities will be in accordance with the applicable legislation, and we will make sure to obtain your prior consent to receive marketing emails when this is required by the law. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your accounts, purchases and subscriptions.
3.7 Legal Obligations
We may be required to use and retain Personal Information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
- When do we share Personal Information to third-parties?
IXION only shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide Services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. IXION does not and will not sell personal information about our customers.
We may share information with the following types of third parties.
4.1 Third Party Vendors
4.2 Music Services
To ensure the best customer experience and that music services function properly, IXION may share relevant Product ActivityInformation and your instructions with music services that you have authorized to interact with your IXION Products. For instance, if you use a Spotify Connect or Tidal on your IXION Products or to control your IXION Products, we will have to share certain information with that music service to enable you to do this. Sharing data with music services, as instructed by you, is necessary to fulfil the agreement we have with you.
4.3 IXION-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries
We share information with IXION-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries if necessary for the provision of Services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data privacy and security policies when handling personal information. It is our legitimate interest to process your Personal Information for these purposes.
4.6 Business Transfer
4.4 Disclosure to Authorities
When legally required, strictly necessary for the performance of the services or to protect our rights, or the rights of our affiliates or users, we disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities, investigative organizations, our affiliates or in legal proceedings.
4.7 Sharing and Disclosure of Aggregate Data
We may also share or disclose aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable with third parties. Aggregate data is created by pooling information about individuals and describing the data in the aggregate, e.g., 40% of customers who bought a specific IXION product clicked on the promotion of the new IXION product.
4.8 Third-Parties’ Privacy Practice
IXION Products and Services may include links to products or applications of third parties whose privacy practices may differ from IXION. If you provide Personal Information to any of those third parties or their products, your data is governed by their privacy statements, and we encourage you to read these privacy statements carefully.
4.9 Transfer of Personal Information to other countries
We take great care in protecting your personal information and have put in place adequate mechanisms to protect it when it is transferred internationally. We will transfer your personal information in compliance with applicable data protection laws and will implement suitable safeguards to ensure that your personal information is adequately secured by any third party that will access your information (for instance, by using the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission). If you have questions or wish to obtain more information about the international transfer of your personal information or the implemented safeguards, please send us an email to email@example.com.
- Security, Storage and Retention of Personal Information
IXION is committed to protecting the security. We use technical, administrative and procedural measures in an attempt to safeguard your personal and other information from unauthorized access or use. For example, we store the Personal Information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and that are in controlled facilities. We also ensure that our third-party data center vendors provide adequate security measures. Additionally, your data is protected with encryption, such as Transport Layer Security (TLS), during transition over the Internet.
No such measure is ever 100% effective though, so we do not guarantee that your personal and other information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such information. Users are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their own passwords. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Information collected by IXION may be stored and processed in your region, in Norway (for example, in our major data centers), or in any other country where IXION or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers are located or maintain facilities.
IXION will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use the website and your IXION Product, to provide services to you, to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement and our internal retention guidelines.
After the retention period, the information will either be destroyed, erased or made anonymous such that it cannot be associated or tracked to you.
If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal information we process about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Rights
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your Personal Information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your Personal Information; and to obtain the Personal Information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your Personal Information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
Where we are using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. Moreover, where we process your Personal Information based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your Personal Information.
These above mentioned rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Information about another person, where it would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in the GDPR. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
You can always contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will respond to any request to access or delete your Personal Information as soon as possible, certainly within 10 days.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating settings on your internet browser. However, please note that if you select such settings certain parts of our site may not work properly.
The information we collect may include IP-addresses, browser version, number of visits, which pages you access and your viewing preferences.
A cookie is a small data file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, for instance by storing information about your preferences and allowing us to recognize you when you return to our site.
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. IXION uses both types of cookies. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted. We use the following types of cookies on our website.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for you to browse our website and use its features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. This data may be used to help optimize our website and make it easier for you to navigate.
- Functional cookies. These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing and personalize your experience. We may store your geographic location in a cookie for instance, to ensure that we show you the website relevant to your area.
- Third Party cookies. Third party cookies are those placed by websites and/or parties other than IXION. These cookies may be used on our website to improve our products or services or to help us provide more relevant advertising. These cookies are subject to the respective privacy policies for these external services, for example, Facebook Data Use Policy.
- Analytics cookies. We use analytics cookies, like those offered by Google Analytics, to help us understand things like how long a visitor stays on our website, what pages they find most useful, and how they arrived at IXION.com. To learn more about Google Analytics and your data, visit this Google webpage.
7.2 How to control Cookie settings
- Google Chrome
- Internet explorer
In addition to cookies, we sometimes use small graphic images known as ‘pixels’ (also known as web beacons, clear GIFs, or pixel tags). We use pixels in our email communications to you (if you have selected to receive such communications) to help us to understand whether our email communication has been viewed. We also use third party pixels (such as those from Google, Facebook, and other advertising networks) to help us provide advertising that is relevant to your interests. Learn more about our advertising and marketing activities below.
7.4 Other Identifiers
When you use our app, we collect a unique ad-tracking identifier from your device (the Advertising Identifier or “IDFA” on iOS devices and the Google Ad ID or “AID” on Android devices) so that we can learn more about users of our app and provide the most relevant messaging and marketing. Although these identifiers are unique to your device, they do not contain any of your personal information such as your name or email address.
7.5 How to control Identifier Settings
You can control how these identifiers are used, including the ability to reset them, through your device settings. Below you can learn about how to control cookie settings on popular web browsers:
- Apple iOS
7.6 Advertising and Modern Marketing Tools
To help more people listen to more music on IXION, we use several modern marketing tools in support of our advertising efforts.
7.7 Consent to Cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org,which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers. However, please note that if you select such settings you may be unable to access certain parts of our site or certain content or functionality may not be available.
If you’d like to opt out of other third party cookies relating to behavioral advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu. Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
- Changes to Our Privacy Statement